Thursday, July 14

This is it!


The moment we've all been waiting for . . .So anything you might want to say to any of the Maglebys you had better say within the next 10 hours. We have our schedule planned to the minute, are you interested? First thing this morning we clean the house and we shop at the store so we won't have to work until Monday, back that up, then change it to: So we'll be ready to leave early Monday. (We're going to Berlin and Prague.) This trip, though highly anticipated, has turned out to be ill-timed. Next, I'll post some new photos on the website, which takes me hours because I have taken so many and shining 'em up and naming them is a big job--you may have noticed that the last batch didn't have names after awhile, because I was in a hurry to post them as we were leaving for Oxford and I didn't want to leave you all high and dry. After today, you will be high and dry for awhile because this is the week-long trip with scant access to the internet. When I say scant, I mean I'm too cheap to spend the money on it. But I digress. . .
After we've taken care of all our obligations, we hope to take a nap--sleep is going to be hard to come by in the next 72 hours. Then it's off to Oxford Street and the queue party. (Queue is such a great word--just spell it out loud for fun, and it's a great way of saying go over there and wait in line.) The party starts at 6 and goes until everyone has a book--they anticipate it will take until around 4-or 5 in the morning. We, however, don't have that kind of time so we have come up with plan B. We pre-ordered the book from the shop on the corner and after Dumbledore unveils them on Oxford street and we all have a good cheer, we will hop on the night bus (how appropriate) and hurry to the other bookstore and eagerly collect our copy then dash back to the centre where we will commence reading. (And by 'we' I mean I will read it aloud for any and all interested students who ordered theirs for cheaper on Amazon.com thus being forced to wait until they come in the mail at some point on Saturday.) There is one disappointing part and that is that if we were to actually wait in the Oxford street queue, we could get an official stamp in our books declaring to all the world that we had been there, done that. But since we have such a short time to actually read the book together before Sunday, we have chosen plan B. The Party should be fun though, we can probably skip the face painting part, but they intend to have the main characters and magicians and some kind of mechanized creatures and they have even made special Harry Potter rain ponchos if the weather goes bad.

So after we get back from that we figure we will start reading by around 12:30. (That's 5:30 Friday night for Utah) In an effort to not be ruined for the Berlin trip, we have committed to read only the first 5 chapters no matter what then go to bed and get up at 6 on Saturday morning and finish. Hygiene breaks may or may not happen depending on how long it takes. We're hoping to finish on Saturday because all the students have different church schedules and it will be impossible to accommodate them all. Who are we kidding, if they aren't there the minute the Magleby family gets back from sprinting through the park--here's a thought, they could all carry me on a stretcher so I could read as we walked--I'm not too worried about it, I figure by that point the only ones who will still be listening will be the Maglebys, everyone else will have their own books by then.
Anyway, I've got to get going, in the time it has taken to write this, precious minutes have ticked away from my very busy day. We love you all and hope you have a great week, if you don't like the book, don't tell us, because next week we'll be in withdrawal and we won't be amused. Gosh, I wonder when book 7 will be ready?

1 Comments:

At Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:15:00 PM, Blogger kacy faulconer said...

Just tell me this, who is Harry's girlfriend--is she someone new or have we met her before? That's all you have to tell me. And this: is Snape a half-blood? Don't answer that. No do. Ok, who's the half-blood prince? No, don't tell me. Ok, tell me. Who dies? Don't answer that. Just give me a hint--but not a good hint. . . LUCKY YOU.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home